Saturday, January 15, 2011

How To Make A Bathmat Stick To The Tub

Desserts Patisserie Lille


few days Lille, Brussels and Bruges allowed me to make stops greedy. In the historic stronghold of the chain of 3 Brewers I tasted creme brulee with chicory, which I do not dwell: not very interesting.

More successful was the dessert (and lunch usually) taken Intrigue, an address of Lille (Rue de la Halle) which offers 5 atmospheres of traditional cooking meals for one little twist. It was primarily an opportunity for me to meet old colleagues and friends in Paris now installed in the North. And for dessert So I tasted this yarrow poached pears, ginger ice cream and anise reduction. Quite successful.

If you do not know Lille is a beautiful city that has capitalized on its past and its wounds for a renewed momentum since it was European Cultural Capital in 2004. And rather than its main square and its traditional sights, I would like to share with you my admiration for a brand new monument but that is my favorite. This is Notre Dame de la Treille. Basically, this is a neo-Gothic cathedral unoriginal, uninteresting and long remained unfinished. In the 1990s, the diocese has finally decided to finish it but at the cost of an architectural feat. Thus, a metal mesh encloses all a facade of marble slabs of barely two inches thick. The gate is made of bronze and glass. But the best is found inside. While standing in the nave and the sun is shining outside, the marble becomes completely translucent so fine and passes an orange light, effectively transforming the facade into a giant stained glass. I never go by without Lile take a little break here and take some pictures.

And of course, Lille is also home to Meert but that it will be for a future post.

0 comments:

Post a Comment